Why work for us?
ABC is a leader in the kids climbing industry, producing top-notch competitive athletes, as well as flourishing recreational climbers. We are seeking motivated individuals to be stewards in the climbing community and to help us foster the development of the next generation of climbers.
Currently available positions:
- Elite Team Climbing Coach
- Rec Instructor Position
Find out more:
Eilte Team Climbing Coach
The Elite Team Climbing Coach is responsible for working with our nationally ranked climbing team. They will work closely with other Elite Team and Pre-Elite team coaches to ensure that our kids are ready to compete at a national and international level. Night and weekend work is a must, and travel is required about 10-20% of the year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Producing a fun, positive environment for athletes to learn and feel safe in
- Monitoring progress on and holding athletes accountable for their goals
- Building and maintaining a good, healthy relationship with parents and athletes
- Posting and delivering daily curriculum to Team Athletes
- Tracking and reporting any athlete injuries or absences
- Brainstorming on new ways to develop the program and curriculum in coordination with the Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Sports Science or PT preferred but not required
- 2 or more years of competitive coaching experience with a strong understanding of climbing movement
- Ability to work hard in a fast paced environment and multi-task is a must
- Empathetic and caring personality is a must – customer service is of the highest priority
- USA Climbing Certified Coach will be required
- USA Climbing Certified Route setter is preferred but not required
- SafeSport will be required
- First Aid/CPR will be required
- AMGA SPI Certified is preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds on occasion, stand for long periods of time
Commensurate with experience and highly competitive within the industry. Excellent benefits like PTO and Health Care available to full time employees. Fringe benefits such as gym membership, partner pro-deals, and Colorado ski pass available to all employees.
Full time and part time options will be considered
Rec Instructor Position
Have experience working with children (age 4-12), and enjoy climbing? We are looking for you to join our team! As an instructor at ABC Kids Climbing you will be creating a supportive and fun environment for children to build confidence through bouldering and top roping.
At ABC Kids Climbing you will:
- Lead youth indoor rock climbing classes
- Facilitate birthdays
- Work indoor camps
Positions start as part-time; 5-15+ hours a week with opportunities to grow.
- At least one year experience working in a professional environment with children age 4-12
- Can relate to kids of all ages
- An understanding of the fundamentals of climbing and a minimum of three years of climbing experience
- An energetic and positive attitude
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- A flexible schedule
- Classroom management skills a plus
- CPR and First Aid certification not required but highly desirable
- Must pass background check
- Availability at least one weekend day
Please submit the completed Employment Application along with a detailed résumé and a summary of any additional relevant experience to [email protected]