Why work for us?
ABC is a leader in the kids climbing industry, producing top-notch competitive athletes, as well as flourishing recreational climbers. We are seeking motivated individuals to be stewards in the climbing community and to help us foster the development of the next generation of climbers.
Find out more:
Summer Camp Instructor
ABC Kids Climbing, a unique climbing facility for kids and the home of Team ABC, located in Boulder, Colorado is seeking summer camp instructors for the 2023 summer season. As an ABC summer camp instructor, you will create a fun environment for children to build confidence and friendships. You will also foster a lifelong love for the sport of climbing.
Positions start as part-time; 15-40 hours a week with opportunities to grow.
Pay: $15.00-$18.00/hr commensurate with experience.
- Experience working in a professional environment with children ages 5-12.
- Can relate to and support kids of all ages.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of climbing.
- An energetic and positive attitude.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
- Punctuality and professionalism.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are not required but are highly desirable. Provided upon training if needed.
- Availability to work the duration of our Summer Season (May 30th-August 13th).
- Must successfully complete a background check.
ABC Kids Climbing general application (below)
Letter of interest
Email to: [email protected] with the subject line: SUMMER Camp Instructor.
ABC Kids Instructor Position
Have experience working with children (age 4-12), and enjoy climbing? We are looking for you to join our team! As an instructor at ABC Kids Climbing you will be creating a supportive and fun environment for children to build confidence through bouldering and top roping.
At ABC Kids Climbing you will:
- Lead youth indoor rock climbing classes
- Facilitate birthdays
- Work indoor camps
Positions start as part-time; 6-16+ hours a week with opportunities to grow.
- At least one year experience working in a professional environment with children age 4-12
- Can relate to kids of all ages
- An understanding of the fundamentals of climbing and a minimum of three years of climbing experience
- An energetic and positive attitude
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- A flexible schedule
- Classroom management skills a plus
- CPR and First Aid certification not required but highly desirable
- Must pass background check
- Availability at least one weekend day
ABC Kids Climbing general application (below)
Letter of interest
Email to: [email protected]
JOB TITLE: Team ABC Coach
DEPARTMENT: Indoor Programs
REPORTS TO: Team ABC Head Coach, Team ABC Coach Coordinators, Leadership Team
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time Hourly (Full Time Potential)
Located in Boulder, Colorado, ABC Kids Climbing is a unique climbing facility for kids and the home of Team ABC.
Fostering foundational climbing experiences for preschoolers, leading developmental climbing experiences for kids, coaching competitive climbing experiences for athletes and guiding outdoor climbing experiences for families.
We’re here to share unique climbing experiences with kids and families while developing the next generation of youth climbers.
Really good climbers, real great kids. Trying hard and having fun.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Team ABC Coaches (Coach) work closely with the Team ABC Head Coach and Leadership Team to lead, support, develop and inspire a robust climbing team of ABC youth athletes and a diverse community of ABC children and families. Coaches pro-actively organize, train and support competitive and exploratory team programs and athletes while fostering a positive and lasting experience for the ABC community of staff, children and families. Team ABC Coaches demonstrate professionalism and maintain a high coaching standard while contributing to a healthy climbing team and company culture.
We’re seeking an experienced youth climbing coach with a background that includes curiosity, patience, passion, motivation, empathy and knowledge to meaningfully contribute to the Team ABC program. Comfortable in an individual and group setting, with both children and parents, Team ABC coaches are committed to delivering a balanced approach to trying hard and having fun. Contributing to an inclusive, productive and enjoyable training environment for youth athletes, the ideal candidate will nurture, support and train young climbers toward camaraderie, performance/goal management, responsible stewardship and a lifelong path of climbing options. Background in coaching the three competitive disciplines of speed, lead and bouldering is a plus.
- Previous coaching and climbing experience… additionally, previous competitor experience a plus
- Passion for sharing experiences and knowledge while organizing around youth climbers
- Confident and strong collaborator with the ability to coordinate with a robust coaching staff
- Real-time problem solver handling challenging situations with sound judgment
- Assess and educate injury prevention and risks related to indoor and competitive climbing
- Effectively ‘read’ and communicate modern climbing movements, skills and techniques specific to high level competitive climbing
- Individual, small and large group coordination and training experience in a practice and competition setting
- Current USAC level 1 or 2 certification preferred, not required
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive space for all races, religious beliefs, sexual orientations and identities
- Act as a member of the Team ABC Coaching staff with a focus on competitive and exploratory team programs
- Coach Team ABC athlete assessments, practices, private training sessions, training camps and competitions in accordance with Team ABC coaching philosophies and protocols
- Promote Team ABC standards and procedures in accordance with ABC, PCA, CWA and USAC guidelines
- Coordinate with Head Coach and collaborate with co-coaches to optimize, innovate and implement Team ABC program schedules, curriculums, training plans and goals
- Administer youth behavioral code of conduct, while administering Team ABC seasonal athlete reviews
- Contribute to consistent Team ABC athlete / parent communication
- Has a complete understanding of the Team ABC program track – clearly communicating current and future Team ABC program options
- Represent the ABC organization as a responsible steward of youth climbing
- Research and convey past, present and future industry youth studies / trends related to physical, mental and social health and well being
- Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration and technical coaching skills
- Punctual, passionate and proud of your work with the drive to develop professionally
- Strong collaborator eager to contribute to a robust team program of coaches and athletes
- Understanding of digital collaborative platforms including Google Workspace
- Flexibility to work weekday evenings along with various weekends, events and travel
- Passionate, enthusiastic and amicable while responsibly and effectively balancing coach, athlete and parent rapport
- Knowledge and ability to coach all competitive, exploratory and foundational team programs
- Convey climbing movement, technique and coordination along with strategic, physical and mental processes
- Effectively balance individual and team development on and off the field of play
- First Aid / CPR
- PCA Training Experience
- USAC Certified Coach – Level 1 or 2
- Understanding of USAC/IFSC Rules and Regulations
- Routesetting Experience
- Strength and Conditioning Experience
- Hourly Rate $18 – $23 (range flexible, commensurate with experience)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- ABC Perks
- ABC Kids Climbing job posting and general application
- Brief Letter or Email of Interest
- Email to: [email protected] with subject line: TEAM ABC COACHING OPPORTUNITY